Friday, October 2, 2009

Excuse me, while I Kiss the Sky

red rocks, outside of wellington, nz.

i hitchhiked to wellington, with no idea what was going to happen. ended up meeting this 38 year old german other being named christiane, who let me tag along on her trip out to the coast. she walks like my mom...on steroids. it didnt help that the a lot of the hike was on 35-45 degree angles. i do have an excuse though, as i cite my footwear to be the weakest link (i wish i could say 'goodbye' - but that would cost me upwards of 100 bucks). i was going to do the whole massage thing once i got to thailand, but the rocks at red rocks had other plans for me. it was like having a really angry mother of mine do reflexology on me for six straight horus. definetaly the most intense hike ive ever been on, but the coolest too, as there were views of the city and the ocean the entire time. we tramped (me dragging along) up into the cloud at the top, where the wind was out of its mind. god had to be burping at us after an 8-course meal. it felt like a bad rip current, as my legs were almost taken out from underneath me at some points. needless to say, slept like a red rock that night.

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOORD, WOOORD,
    THE WORD!
    Zeus heard it,
    and Poseidon roared:
    THE KID'S A WRITER!
    ....and Athena lead the way.

    ReplyDelete

Followers