Monday, September 21, 2009

Laugh in the Face of Danger and Tickle the Testicles of Trouble



Dear Mates and Missess!
Above would be about the extent of my learning experiences so far in NZ. Oh, NZ. About it? 'Twoud be a whirlwind of adjectives, and I'm trying to refrain from any type of mental activity, so...
I find NZ almost naive, just how laid back and new everything is. It's like it hasn't existed long enough for any type of real greed or corruption to incubate. The landscape is mind-boggling though, the only way that I can really describe it is that Hulk got really pissed right underneath the country, and is trying to rip through the dense tropical bush. It's the greenest green that you can imagine, it almost looks synthetic, but in a naturally beautiful way. It's like a big salad bowl (that's for you, mum). The wind is everywhere too. I'd give the analogy of being like an order at ColdStone. I'm the ice cream, and the scoopers come at you from all over the place, some strokes are hard, some are soft, it even feels like its coming from underneath you at some points. The sheep cry, the cows just chew, and the birds whistle like twinkling stars, taking turns sharing the limelight. It's like the terrain is on steroids, from the mountains to the beaches. The people? Different kind of steroid, and I'd go with the beaver tranquilizer to be specific. SOO chill, so nice, very down to earth, and my god they have to have the coolest lingo ever.
Take it easy, cheers

2 comments:

  1. Dude,

    The Giver, I love that book! It's one of the three books that I've read in the past 8 years.
    U. Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. coolest lingo=lots of abbreviations... sunnies, brekkie, Welly, stubbies...

    ReplyDelete

Followers