Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Woof WWOOF

No, not dad's famous mating call. Close enough, and might as well be the reason that I'm doing this though. I'm living with the Jones', and in exchange for about four hours of work a day, I get more food than I've ever been able to deal with. I thought traveling was tough, but I'm a king, it's unbelievable. I'm wwoofing (willing workers on organic farms) in Whangarei, north of Auckland. My man Steve-O is hosting, hes a straight cuzzy bro (what they call a 'gangster' in america) - and we hit it off from the start. It's been "You know how I know how your gay?" jokes from day one. Cheers Mate. Great guy, even better family. Three girls....yay...but the two little ones are freaking firecrackers, I've never ever in my entire life met people with this much energy. They just go and go until they pass out, it's unreal. I'm living with a German fellow who's also wwoofing, good times on the reg. I actually enjoy this whole setup as opposed to doing the whole tourist thing. True, I'm not going to be able to see ALL the crazy stuff, but I'm living with locals, and really seeing what life is like here down under, I'm not just driving through. And I'm sure that I'm going to be back at some point in my life, get a van with some mates (bros) and cruise. But for now, I'm really happy. As long as the sun is shining and my hands are dirty, it's all gravy... Sorry for the lack of photos, I'll put them up later. CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful update. BTW....

    You know how I know you are gay??? Because your bio says that your favorite things include: water, humans, color/movement, smiles, quirks and sunshine. Whre are the 'butterflies and water lillies"???? My god son... grow a pair and include things like: "football, trash-talking, power, money, fast cars..."

    ReplyDelete

Followers